DICA has received U.S. patent No. 9,550,657, issued in January 2017, for its unique handle system on SafetyTech outrigger pads. This is the sixth patent to be awarded for integrated SafetyTech and TuffGrip designs.
The patent covers all recessed handles used with non-round SafetyTech outrigger pads. This newest award expands patent protection previously issued for TuffGrip handles on round SafetyTech outrigger pads by allowing for the recessed handle to be included on square, rectangular, or other shape SafetyTech pads.
Recessed handles are nearly flush with the edge of the pad, which helps reduce tripping and snagging hazards on the jobsite. The TuffGrip design provides ergonomic benefits for operators with a handle length that encourages proper lifting posture and technique.
TuffGrip handles provide five key benefits:
- Guaranteed unbreakable strength
- Comfortable to grasp, lift, carry or pull
- Resistant to UV, hydraulic fluid, and road chemicals
- Compact and rigid to reduce tripping hazards
- High-visibility safety orange color