Tadano is set to launch three Rough Terrain Cranes for the North American market. The launch will mark a full model upgrade of the rough terrain cranes in the 75 to 100 t (US tons) lifting class, previously launched in 2011. The GR-1000XLL-4, GR-1000XL-4 and GR-800XL-4 will further increase Tadano’s presence in the Rough Terrain market. These new models were developed to increase work safety and comfort, improve performance and work area while having an engine that meets the latest emission standards.
Primary Features Include
- GR-1000XLL-4 / GR-1000XL-4: The GR-1000XLL-4 features a longer boom of 167.3 feet (51m) compared to the 154.2 feet (47m) boom length of its predecessor, the GR-1000XL-3.
- The GR-1000XLL-4’s new Smart Counterweight system enables the operator to use two counterweight positions to increase lifting capacity.
- GR-100XLL-4 redesigned cab provides improved visibility and comfort. This crane offers more efficient control and one of the best operator experiences for cranes of its capacity.
- The GR-1000XL-4 carries a 154.3 feet (47m) boom with same model features.
- GR-800XL-4: With an upgraded maximum lift capacity of 80 US tons (73 tonnes) and a long boom of 154.2 feet (47m), the GR-800XL-4 is one of the most versatile and well-balanced rough terrain cranes in the industry. The GR-800XL-4 has a gross vehicle weight of 99,800 pounds (45 tonnes) for easy transportability and a newly-improved cab design for more efficient operation.
The cab design and fittings have been remodeled, greatly improving work efficiency, operability, and visibility. A new large, multi-function color touch panel display is 10.4 inches in size with pressure-sensitive touch panel that allows for operation while using gloves. The cab instrument panel shape, height, and angle of the glass face have also been modified, improving visibility from the driver’s seat. The model also uses the 20-degree cab tilt function for the first time, which helps to reduce operator fatigue when operating the crane for long periods of time.
The GR-1000XLL-4/ GR-1000XL-4 are the first RTs to have “Smart Counterweight” which enables the counterweight to have two mounting positions. This feature enables improved stability increased up to approximately 20%. The proprietary “Smart Chart” is also on-board enabling the crane work performance to be maximized. Tadano View System* assists safe crane operation and driving. A winch drum monitoring camera that checks the winding state of the wire rope when the crane is in operation has been equipped as standard. Cameras have also been installed on the right-front and rear of the crane ensuring visibility while driving. “Clearance Sonar” has also been installed, which detects obstacles right behind the crane. A buzzer and a flashing icon on the display notify the operator if an obstacle is detected.
The new GRs have a six-speed transmission powered by a dual compliant Cummins EU Stage V / Tier IV B 6.7 with 280 hp (209kw). Designed to be Environmentally friendly, the newly developed pump disconnect function automatically stops operation of the crane’s hydraulic pump if the crane is not operated for a certain period of time. The crane is also equipped with functions such as the Fuel monitoring system, Eco-Mode, and Positive Control that support environmentally-friendly operations by reducing CO2 emissions, improving fuel consumption, and reducing noise.
Equipped with the telematics Web information service – HELLO-NET which ascertains the crane’s operation status using mobile communications, and supports the checking of positional information via GPS and maintenance information on a website. Tadano shares information about the product in use and offers advanced customer support and service. The Smartphone App HELLO-DATA LINK connects cranes to mobile devices by wireless LAN, allowing you to receive operating status, indications, error codes and other information in real-time from outside the cab.