New from Manitowoc are two ground-breaking crawler cranes, MLC300 and the MLC650 are loaded with features, most notably, the Variable Position Counterweight (VPC). The VPC system automatically positions the counterweight to fit the required lift. The counterweight moves along the rotating bed and is automatically positioned based on changes in boom angle. The VPC-MAX attachment increases capacity and boom and jib combination lengths. The counterweight movement is based on the lifted load, boom length, boom and jib length, and load radius.
The MLC300 features:
- 315 ft. of boom with the option of a fixed jib attachment of 98 ft.
- 315 ft. luffing jib can be added to extend its reach to 473 ft.
- With the VPC-Max attachment, the MLC300 can raise 394 ft. of boom Â and a boom and luffing jib combination of 551 ft.
The MLC650 features:
- 341 ft. main boom to which a 98 ft. fixed jib can be added
- 331 ft. luffing jib can be added to reach a maximum 515 ft.
- With the VPC-Max attachment, the MLC650 can raise 459 ft. of boom and a boom and luffing jib combination of 672 ft.