Ritchie Bros. is expecting to spark a high level of interest from crane rental companies and general contractors this month, as it will have nearly 200 cranes listed in its upcoming auctions in Polotitlan, Mexico (June 9), Columbus, Ohio (June 15), and Houston, Texas (June 21-22). In Houston, a 440-ton 2013 Manitowoc 16000 self-erecting, lattice-boom crawler crane will sell unreserved to the highest bidder during the auction.
“It’s been a long time since we’ve seen a selection of cranes like this,” said Jake Lawson, senior vice president, Ritchie Bros. “We have close to 200 cranes listed in upcoming auctions, including the massive Manitowoc 16000—cranes of this size and value don’t come to auction often. With great selections of cranes available in Houston, Columbus, and Polotitlan, this is the perfect opportunity for people to get the cranes they need for upcoming work projects.”
In the past two years, Ritchie Bros. has sold more than 1,400 rough terrain cranes, 450 hydraulic truck cranes, 425 all-terrain cranes, and 280 crawler cranes, but it is rare for a crane like the Manitowoc 16000 to find its way into an RB auction. For perspective, a 2006 Manitowoc 16000 model sold at the June 2010 auction in Denver for $2.5 million. It is among the top 10 most-expenisve cranes ever sold by Ritchie Bros. By comparison, a 2001 800-ton Liebherr LR1800 crawler carne sold for $3.7 million at an Sacramento, Calif., auction in 2006.
Other unique listings in Houston are two unused 40-ton Grove RT540E rough-terrain cranes. In total, more than 50 cranes will be at the sale. Polotitlan also has 19 cranes and Columbus has 10, with new inventory added right up until auction day.
Crane highlights in upcoming auctions:
- A 2013 Manitowoc 16000 440-ton self-erecting crawler crane (Houston – June 21-22)
- A 2014 Terex RT780 80-ton rough terrain crane (Houston – June 21-22)
- A 2012 Manitowoc 777 Series 2 200-ton self-erecting crawler crane (Houston – June 21-22)
- A 1999 Manitowoc 777 200-ton crawler crane (Houston – June 21-22)
- A 2000 Manitowoc 888 230-ton crawler crane (Polotitlan – June 9)
- A 2013 Terex RT780 80-ton 4x4x4 rough terrain crane (Polotitlan– June 9)
- Two Grove TMS900E 90-ton and two Grove TMS700E 60-ton hydraulic truck cranes (Columbus – June 15)
- Two unused Grove RT540E 35-ton 4x4x4 rough terrain cranes and an unused RT540E-2 30-ton (Moerdijk, NLD – June 29)