SC&RA elects slate of officers for 2017-2018
During its 2017 Annual Conference, April 18-22, at the Westin Kierland Resort, Scottsdale, Ariz., the Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association (SC&RA) elected Terry Young, Construction Safety Experts, Cary, N.C., as President. Joining Young as officers for the 2017-2018 term are:
- Chairman: John McTyre, Sr., Unified Logistics Operating Group, Bethesda, MD.
- Vice President: Gary Stang, Anderson Trucking Service, St. Cloud, MN.
- Treasurer: Delynn Burkhalter, Burkhalter, Columbus, MS.
- Assistant Treasurer: Tom Bennington, Duncan Machinery Movers, Inc., Lexington, KY.
Also joining the Board are four newly elected Group Chairs:
- Allied Industries Group: Lester Evans, Aspen Custom Trailers, Gatesville, TX
- Crane & Rigging Group: Michael Vlaming, Vlaming & Associates, APC, Vallejo, CA.
- Transportation Group: Rafael de los Santos, Tradelossa, Mexico City, Mexico
- Ladies Group: Myndee Anderson, Anderson Trucking Service, St. Cloud, MN.
The newly-elected officers will serve one-year terms that will expire at the conclusion of the Association’s next Annual Conference, to be held April 17-21, 2018 at the Boca Raton Resort and Club, Boca Raton, Fla.
The Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association (SC&RA) is an international trade association of more than 1,300 members from 46 nations. Members are involved in specialized transportation, machinery moving and erecting, industrial maintenance, millwrighting and crane and rigging operations, manufacturing and rental. SC&RA helps members run more efficient and safer businesses by monitoring and affecting pending legislation and regulatory policies at the state and national levels; researching and reporting on safety concerns and best business practices; and providing four yearly forums where these and other relevant member issues can be advanced.