Crane Inspection & Certification Bureau (CICB) has entered into a partnership with the SC&R Foundation to provide grants for crane operator training and NCCCO certificate courses.
The grants, which are open to the public through the SC&R Foundation, are awarded to individuals pursing a career in the specialized transportation, crane, or rigging industry. Typically, applicants are seeking skills and/or certification as a crane operator or rigger. Among the training programs are:
- Mobile Crane Operator Certification Program: Available for novice operators who want to learn and become a certified crane operator on fixed and swing cab hydraulic cranes. The three-week program consisting of Mobile Crane Operator Level I, Mobile Crane Operator Level 2, and NCCCO Preparatory for Fixed and Swing Cab Cranes with a minimum of 12 hours of seat time.
- Crane Operator Preparatory Training for NCCCO Certification: Available for experienced operators of lattice boom cranes, telescopic boom – swing and/or fixed cab cranes, articulating boom cranes, and overhead cranes.
- Rigger Level I and Signal Person Preparatory Training and NCCCO Exams: Available for those who prepare loads for safe lifting and signal cranes.
- Rigger Level II Preparatory Training and NCCCO Exams: For experienced riggers who prepare loads for safe lifting.
- Lift Director Preparatory for NCCCO Certification Prerequisite: Attendee must possess an NCCCO Certification (or have successfully passed the written exams) for Telescopic Boom – Swing Cab, Lattice Boom Crawler, and Rigger Level II.
Recently, CICB established a career school in the Houston area that has been approved and regulated by Texas Workforce Commission Career Schools and Colleges to train and certify individuals as crane operators and riggers.
“With the aging of the ‘baby-boomer’ workforce and the tremendous amount of construction occurring from the Texas coast to the Florida panhandle, the current labor shortage has become a crisis,” said Craig Epperson, CICB’s CEO. “By partnering with the SC&R Foundation offering CICB Workforce Grants and promoting careers in the industry with Lift & Move USA, we are encouraging those who might otherwise not consider or even be aware of the opportunities available.”
For information on the grants and deadlines, visit the SC&R Foundation website.