BAYONNEÂ — The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has released another series of updates on the ongoing $1.3 billion “Raise the Roadway” project on the Bayonne Bridge, according to Bayonne city officials.
The updates, which were issued in a press release from Bayonne’s city hall yesterday, consisted of the following:
- At Pier N2, south of First Street, by the shoreline, footings are under construction. At Piers N3, N4, and N5, located south of First Street, work has been completed for now.
- At Piers N6 & Pier N7, north of First Street (between First and Second streets), drill shaft work, excavation for 16Â footings, and arsenic removal are underway. The Port Authority will be working in this area until December.
- At Pier N8, between Second and Gertrude streets, behind Ideal Windows, Pier N9, between Gertrude and Third streetsÂ (behind “The Bridge” indoor skate park), Pier N10 – Third Street (south side), and Pier N11 – Third Street (north side), and Pier N12, between Juliette and Fourth streets (Slootsky Park on Juliette Street side), pier erection is in progress with the crane.
- By Pier N13, between Juliette and Fourth streets (Slootsky Park Fourth Street side) and Pier 14, Margaret Street, on or about Monday, March 2, the gantry was scheduled to start working at night (9 p.m. to 5 a.m., between Fourth and Margaret streets, placing roadway segments.
- At Pier N15 (by the abutment), tower erection with the gantry is in progress.