SC&RA will be representing U.S. crane and rigging interests on Nov. 9 at the International Crane Stakeholders Assembly (ICSA) in Amsterdam. The mission of ICSA is to facilitate information sharing and meaningful dialogue between crane industry stakeholders on safety, technical and regulatory issues of concern to the international crane industry and promote harmonization of international standards. Representing SC&RA will be Beth O’Quinn, senior VP of crane & rigging, and Robert Weiss of Cranes Inc.
Topics on the agenda include:
- Work on windmill erection;
- Cranes on floating barges;
- Rated capacity limiters (EN 13000:2010);
- Long-boom issue/EN13000 in comparison to B30.5;
- Use of wire ropes on mobile cranes;
- Walking beneath spreader bars; and
- Telematics project of AEM.